RE: Draft: PI addressing derived from AS numbers

Michael,

> Would it make sense to push Pekka's draft along the experimental
> track in the spirit of RFC 1797 (the 39/8 subnet experiment)?
> It may not be an optimal solution, but it would give the
> community some breathing room while better methods are developed.
>  I concur with Pekka that sunset provisions are important.

If a sunset is required, then requesting a "special" 6bone pTLA would be
the way to go. I don't see what that would buy though, and here's the
rationale:

The idea behind Pekka's draft is that deployment of IPv6 is being
hindered because organizations that currently have an ASN are waiting
for some kind of PI to deploy. Why are they waiting? Because they don't
want to renumber. Giving these guys a prefix that sunsets does not do
them any good.

Michel.