Re: Draft: PI addressing derived from AS numbers

I've sent a short draft (7 pages) to Internet-Drafts for publication.
Which I have not yet read but will do in a short while.

I propose an automatic allocation of /48, /40 or /32 (based on how the
community feels) of PI addresses if you have an AS number.

A 16-bit AS number in the range 1 - 2^15, that is. This is just to enable
IPv6 multihoming temporarily, until another mechanism is devised, to those
end-sites that already do it today. This is kind of a "stop those lame
excuses now, please" -solution.
Just on the brief description here I like the idea. This would require my draft of allowing longer prefixes as well though. Perhaps merging the two is a good idea.

Note: personally, I think ASN-PI like this is not a good idea, but it's at
least better than some others, like breaking aggregates or doing stuff
like that -- this is controlled, after a fashion.
Agreed.

- kurtis -