Comments on draft-van-beijnum-multi6-isp-int-aggr-00.txt

I have finally read Iljitsch draft above.

(yes, the slopes are closed due to the heavy snow fall so I have nothing better to do..:) )

What first strikes me is the complexity of the iBGP and keeping this up to date.

I am not convinced that this is workable from a ISP point of view, but I want to think that over more. I am also not sure how "extras" in BGP (which I am not sure should be there in the first place) such as multicast and VPN information, would work.

Another problem I see is that this requires networks that logically map fairly well into the physical topology, or even small networks gets complicated. This means that the MPLS crowd will have a problem (hey - maybe I do like this proposal! :) ), but so will also corporations that have few branch offices across the world connected with a IP-VPN or slow speed links.

Something else that I haven't really figured out, but how will path loop prevention be done? If I understood the draft correct, as there is not full view, you can only look if a AS is present twice, but you could still see the route twice, no?

Last, what worries me the most is the security considerations. A failure on filtering, or in routing configuration will make the AS7777 incident seem like trivial. This is not even in the security considerations section. It should be.

- kurtis -