Re: Identifier/locator recap

Tony Li wrote:
At this point, I'm quite happy not to sweat the 8+8/GSE/16+16
distinction.  If we can get to consensus that we need separation
of locators and identifiers, then we will have made good progress.
Let's agree on the macro before we work out the micro.
I would like to second Tony's request. We would do well to fully understand all of the architectural limitations to making this separation happen. There is now a lot of work in this space from which we can build. HIP, 8+8, and MIPv6 are good starting points. The NSRG still has a forthcoming RFC on these points.

Eliot