Re: Again no multi6 at IETF#56

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Masataka Ohta wrote:

> The former problem is already too bad for people expecting multihomed
> environment.

It's still better than singlehoming.

> Moreover, I'm afraid you underestimate the latter scalability problem.

> To move on, we must estimate the seriousness of lack of scalability
> and, if it is not so bad, develop proper address assignment policy,
> both of which take time, which disqualify your proposal.

It doesn't, as the evaluation can be performed while the solution is
being used. As there is a built in "you have to renumber at some point"
guarantee, whenever problems come up they can be fixed.

But if you feel that geographic aggregation is superior to such a stop
gap solution, I'm not going to argue.