Re: Start running

And look what a wonderful result that was!
I see your point for a longer term vision, HOWEVER.....

I'd seriously like to suggest that we NOT run down the proposal
path.  Again, all that does is lock people in on their personal
approach.  Folks dig in their heels and it comes to bloodshed.
Although I generally tend to agree with your view, I do think that we need let everyone present their opinions and evaluate them. You and me have a certain view of where to go, maybe that is where we will end up eventually (of-course I hope so), but in order to start working on one single solution we need to have a consensus saying that is where we want to go. And we wont get there unless we have looked at the alternatives thoroughly.

I would rather that we take the approach that this is a collaborative
effort and address the issues and resolve them.  Start with a
top level architecture and work down.  Yes, this is harder
on the chairs, but it needs to be done this way to ensure closure
without bloodshed.
I have no problem with loading the chairs (I guess Sean will give me a hard time for this...:) ) if that brings us forward, and I think you are right, but I think we need to do some other steps first.

- kurtis -

Tony