Re: Start running

On Monday, Mar 24, 2003, at 04:20 America/Montreal, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:
That was not my intention or what I meant. See other mail to Tony.
This sounds like what I proposed in the mail to Tony?
I think you are describing what I said in the mail to Tony.
It was certainly not apparent that your note to tli contained anything
like the proposal I outlined above.  Thanks for the clarification.

The problem as I see it at the moment is that there currently is
no solution that is on the table and there is no "magic dust"
(expression stolen). We need to start with realizing that we are
at scratch (I know some people disagree). However, I also think
that there currently are to many views on what the architecture
should be based on. In order to better understand this, I think
we need to look at the various architectural proposals made. This
needs to be made as a working group, and then from there we need
to work together on one solution.
s/architectural proposals/architectural approaches/

Again, "proposals" sounds like one is trying to foster competition,
rather than cooperation.

And while opinions will vary about what constitutes "architecture",
maybe we all agree that architecture is extremely high-level,
hence devoid of most/all implementation details.

Ran
rja@extremenetworks.com