Re: Resolving geo discussions

Anyone? :-)

- kurtis -

On måndag, apr 14, 2003, at 11:11 Europe/Stockholm, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

Yes, I think it is time to get out an info RFC on this. Indeed I haven't
seen any new arguments for a number of years. We need a brave person to
act as document editor though.

rian

"Bound, Jim" wrote:

I have to throw in the towel and say I think Tony, Noel and Christian
convinced me. Geo as core method in our architecture is not going to
fly nor should we try to push this as RFC std. But doing bottom up
probably will happen is my guess. I think an INFO RFC or BCP would get
consensus here stating the ramifications of using this approach, but its
your own trip.

I would suggest this would put this debate as lets document it and issue
BCP and we move on to solve the problem at hand with architecture we can
review. Maybe if we had matrix of each one proposed on slide we could
share as idea?

- We kill this discussion and turn it into work with deliverable.
- We remove it to continue the architecture effort
- And maybe we could produce a doc INFO/BCP that would be useful and the
IETF would think we have some clue as a team to produce something others
can use :--)
- And we don't discuss it for 10 more years and just point to the RFC
which will be useful to those who have children and come here to do work
someday :--)

/jim