Re: geo short vs long term? [Re: Geo pros and cons]

On onsdag, apr 16, 2003, at 17:09 Europe/Stockholm, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

But to really answer your question: I think it should be doable to find consensus on the fact that layer 4 choices in the past are making our life difficult today, but I'm not sure we can agree on a plan of attack. I suspect that many people will take the position "if TCP wants a stable address, we'll implement magic in the IP layer to make this happen" rather than "let's improve TCP". Well, maybe that could be our consensus. I'd rather see it happen cleanly by changing TCP, but if we can get it to work without too big a mess in IP, I suppose I can get behind that.

If we can indeed find rough consensus on that, maybe we don't even have to throw it back outside multi6.
I think the first step still is to define what the options are. Then we can start worry about consensus. But I agree that we need to start at a meeting.

- kurtis -