Re: Resolving geo discussions

On vrijdag, apr 18, 2003, at 06:31 Europe/Amsterdam, Bound, Jim wrote:

That is a very fair question. If we cannot do that we should not use up
IETF finances for brainstorming with no agenda.
How does this cost the IETF money? Do they pay for the rooms by the hour?

If we build content and agenda and force some agreement and compromise
we may be able to move forward.
Yes, let's focus on what we can agree upon. I'll be happy do defend geo aggregation for years to come (and don't think I won't) but I'd be equally happy to shelf the geo stuff and support something that has more long-term potential and if and when this wg starts to work on something like this.

Post IETF - I can look into hosting mutli6 offline whatever meeting in
New Hampshire late September before fall IETF meeting for brainstorm
part II
Maybe you can move this to mid october just before the NANOG meeting?