Re: Resolving geo discussions

Absolutely, and it's just 3 months to Vienna and the restoration of the
multi6 sessions at the meetings. We should have some idea soon of
what will be on the table there
what are you putting on it?
I predict a bottle of water, glasses and a microphone or two.

First we need to decide what to do about the current (only) multi6 I-D. It
needs to be either signed off or removed and replaced with a less restrictive
(perhaps more open minded) set of requirements.
It will be last-called. If I am not mistaken my initial two weeks ends next week and we will then do last-call. The new drafts have some comments included.

I like Christian's proposal. It offers what appears to be a sane path
to at least solve some useful classes of scenario. And we have this as
a good proposal in spite of no agreed requirements document, so I think
we can also put forward other potential solutions too.

I think if we can set an agenda now, and decide what is on that table, we
can maybe have some fruitful, focused discussion before Vienna. Is MHAP
on the table? GSE? HIP? ....? Some solutions may not fly, but we
should at least ensure they get a good airing in an official IETF session
rather than just in the ipv6mh meetings, as (very) good as they are.

At least let's make sure there is a meeting in Vienna. It seems a lot
of people just assumed there would be a San Francisco multi6, given it
seen as the last Big Issue for IPv6 by a fair few people. Let's even
consider getting some possible solutions on board as WG items in July.

There will be a meeting. Me and Sean are working out the agenda and how we should get one together.

As for what should be included, well we (IMHO) need to change the charter, or at least look at doing so and update the milestones. There are a number or proposals floating around, of which not all even have made it as IDs. Having presentations of all in Vienna, at a depth that gives justice to all proposals, might be a bit time consuming, but perhaps we need to.

- kurtis -