Re: GSE IDs [Re: IETF multihoming powder: just add IPv6 and stir]

--On Friday, 9 May 2003 15:08 +0200 Brian E Carpenter
brian@hursley.ibm.com> wrote:

I believe MHAP does discuss this question. And as Jim said, there
are stateless solutions, but that means adding bits to the packet.
And which is better (is some meaningful sense)? We don't know. And without implementations and operational experience, we aren't going to know. The crux of the issue is that sites are reluctant to adopt IPv6 because the "multihoming problem" has not been solved, but we can't solve the problem without that operational experience.

Michael