Re: draft-ietf-multi6-multihoming-requirements-06.txt

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Jay Ford wrote:
> Call me a control freak, but I (as campus network routing guy) would like to
> get a little more determinism than is afforded by a virtual coin toss, even a
> weighted one.  If the address selection must occur in the host, I at least
> want a hook to influence the selection process (for srcaddr *and* dstaddr).

What is the number of the destinations you typically want to influence the
selection process?

Note that if it's a rather small one, this one:

Default Router Preferences, More-Specific Routes, and Load Sharing
draft-ietf-ipv6-router-selection-02.txt

might help you a bit.

> Also, what about the interaction between (srcaddr,dstaddr) selection &
> anti-spoofing-type filtering?  The routers do the filtering, but the host
> does the address selection.  How does that work?  I don't want to have more
> spoofed attacks with IPv6 than we have now with IPv4.

At the moment, there is no interaction.  The routers have to allow both.
But that's one field that in particular should be worked at.