Re: draft-ietf-multi6-multihoming-requirements-06.txt

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Pekka Savola wrote:
> What is the number of the destinations you typically want to influence the
> selection process?
>
> Note that if it's a rather small one, this one:
>
> Default Router Preferences, More-Specific Routes, and Load Sharing
> draft-ietf-ipv6-router-selection-02.txt
>
> might help you a bit.

That might work from some cases, but not my current situation.  My net has a
single core router for each user subnet, with the path divergence occurring
in the core or border routers.  Therefore, the hosts can't choose the path
because they only have one.

> > Also, what about the interaction between (srcaddr,dstaddr) selection &
> > anti-spoofing-type filtering?  The routers do the filtering, but the host
> > does the address selection.  How does that work?  I don't want to have more
> > spoofed attacks with IPv6 than we have now with IPv4.
>
> At the moment, there is no interaction.  The routers have to allow both.
> But that's one field that in particular should be worked at.

This is operationally burdensome, especially because the burden propagates
upstream.

Jay Ford, Network Engineering Group, Information Technology Services
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242
email: jay-ford@uiowa.edu, phone: 319-335-5555, fax: 319-335-2951