Re: draft-ietf-multi6-multihoming-requirements-06.txt

On Wednesday, June 18, 2003, at 12:30  PM, J. Noel Chiappa wrote:

Second, you are right that (srcaddr,dstaddr) selection is something of a
routing decision. However, making that choice more intelligently requires a
far better routing architecture than the one we have now - one that is
prepared to provide more information to hosts to allow them to make those
choices. (See Figure 1.) Lacking that, flipping a virtual coin (perhaps a
loaded one) is about as good as we're going to do...
If that's the routing problem that you mean, it's I think a situation where any improvement is better than the current situation where there is no auto-configure solution. The typical home DSL user, who knows enough to link to their neighbour with a Wi-Fi box but doesn't know routing, would still see (up to) a doubling of throughput.

simon

--
www.simonwoodside.com -- 99% Devil, 1% Angel