About draft-arifumi-lin6-multihome-api-00.txt (was Re: Call forpresentations)

Hi,

I have some questions about draft-arifumi-lin6-multihome-api-00.txt.

I fail to understand the idea behind this proposal.

I mean, if i understand correctly, the draft proposes an API that it is
capable of handling the multiple address that result when a site is
multi-homed and it uses PA addresses.

However, it seems somehow linked to LIN6 (LIN6 is mentioned multiple
times in the document), but i fail to understand how. AFAIK LIN6 maps
multiple different addresses in a single address, making the change of
address transparent to transport layer and above.

So LIN6 handles multiple addresses in the IP layer making it transparent
to upper layers and the proposed draft proposes a way to handle multiple
addresses. How is this compatible? i mean the upper layers, see one LIN6
address or multiple addresses?
If the upper layers are aware of the multiple address, what do you need
LIN6 for?

An additional question is about address discovery. I mean how do the end
nodes find out what addresses are available at the other end? There is a
mapping agent mentioned, but where is this mapping agent located? which
addresses does it announce? all the available addresses or just the ones
that are reachable at the moment? if the latter, how does it find out
whether an address is reachable or not?

Another question is related to security, i.e. how do you authenticate
the addresses actually belong to the node that is claiming its
ownership? This is a very important and difficult issue as far i can
tell, and it should be addressed.

Finally, how the multi-homed node communicates the alternative address
to be used when the address that is being used fails?

I hope you clarify these issues to me, thanks, marcelo