Re: Minutes / Notes

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 11:18:17AM +0200, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> On vrijdag, jul 25, 2003, at 10:53 Europe/Amsterdam, Masataka Ohta
> wrote:
>
> >It should be noted that people working on IPv6 autoconfiguration
> >now assumes DHCPv6.
>
> They should talk to some operations people. After living without DHCP
> in IPv6, I doubt very many people want to go back to having to
> configure all this stuff on servers rather than having it happen
> automatically.

I agree.

But there is no automatic way to get DNS resolver info in IPv6.

In all proposals to date, somewhere something needs to be configured,
be it in a DHCPv6 (Lite) server, in a router sending the RAs, by setting
up site local routing (though that seems dead :) or by Masataka's method
(where the routing entry is configured).

Tim