Re: Minutes / Notes

Tim;

> > They should talk to some operations people. After living without DHCP
> > in IPv6, I doubt very many people want to go back to having to
> > configure all this stuff on servers rather than having it happen
> > automatically.
>
> I agree.
>
> But there is no automatic way to get DNS resolver info in IPv6.

Operational people MUST still configure all that stuff on DNS
servers for their domain.

Or, do you want to live without DNS?

FYI, I was living without DNS in IPv4 that I don't want to do so
with addresses four times (or more with multihoming) more lengthy.

> In all proposals to date, somewhere something needs to be configured,
> be it in a DHCPv6 (Lite) server, in a router sending the RAs, by setting
> up site local routing (though that seems dead :) or by Masataka's method
> (where the routing entry is configured).

Recursive servers, of course, need SBELT information configured,
unless fixed root server addresses are standardized.

But, that's all.

Recursive servers can be preconfigured too, by default, to have
an anycast address to be advertised by some default routing
protocol.

						Masataka Ohta