Re: Consensus on identifier/locator split?

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

On donderdag, aug 7, 2003, at 19:46 Europe/Amsterdam, Eliot Lear wrote:

How ought we (if at all) deal with the notion of a virtual end point such as a "content routed" service like CNN?

First of all: is there a pressing need to do this below the application layer in the first place???
It's already done below the application layer in many cases, particularly when trying to determine the "closest" data center. All I'm asking really is that we consider all the knobs that exist today, across a broad set of areas, when looking at architectural choices. I'm not asking anything more specific.

Do I need to explain why I think this is related or is that glaringly obvious?

Eliot