Re: Consensus on identifier/locator split?

Tony;

> I would say there is consensus that splitting would solve several problems,
> but I wouldn't go so far to say there is consensus that it is the right
> approach. Fundamentally, splitting amounts to rearchitecting the Internet
> since many current assumptions would be invalidated. While this is a fine
> thing for an IRTF wg to take on,

For constructive discussion, what, do you think, are the current
assumptions which would be invalidated?

I think it is merely that the current assumptions using the terminology
of "address" should be more precisely phrased with "address" replaced
by "id" or "locator", which does not change the architecture of the
current Internet.

Or, do you have any exception?

							Masataka Ohta