RE: Consensus on identifier/locator split?

I would say there is consensus that splitting would solve several problems,
but I wouldn't go so far to say there is consensus that it is the right
approach. Fundamentally, splitting amounts to rearchitecting the Internet
since many current assumptions would be invalidated. While this is a fine
thing for an IRTF wg to take on, an IETF Ops WG should be focused on
realistic things that can be done in our working lifetimes.

Tony