Re: Consensus on identifier/locator split?

On woensdag, aug 6, 2003, at 20:16 Europe/Amsterdam, Tony Li wrote:

Christian,

You're getting specific on me and I was trying to stay at the
broad architectural level, in the hopes of making baby steps
forward.  Is there some version of the identifier/locator
split that you WOULD agree to?
I would like to note at this point that consensus isn't the same as unanimity, and rough consensus certainly isn't.

I agree that we should follow the loc/id split path.

If this path leads to a dead end, that's unfortunate, but still a very valuable result if we document it well.