RE: Consensus on identifier/locator split?

> You're getting specific on me and I was trying to stay at the
> broad architectural level, in the hopes of making baby steps
> forward.  Is there some version of the identifier/locator
> split that you WOULD agree to?

I believe the question cannot be resolved in a general sense, and specifically not if you ask for a "locator/identifier split", which by its very wording is tied to the Internet Protocol layer. If you are going to change the IP protocol, then you should move the debate to the IPv6 working group. The proper way for multi6 to proceed is to evaluate a set of possibilities, and to look at the operational issues associated with the different possibilities.

-- Christian Huitema