Re: Consensus on identifier/locator split?

Alain;

> Are you making the assumption that all your ISPs will route your PI?
> If not, you will always end-up with multiple addresses anyway.
>
> To answer Tony's question, I think this split is unavoidable.
> The question is where it happens (bellow TCP, in TCP or above)

Wrong.

As I presented in Vienna, Web is not the Internet.

TCP is not the Internet Protocol.

That is, there is no room for such a question for sites wanting
stability to the Internet.

Multihomed site needs its connections kept alive on path changes,
regardless of transport protocols.

That is, the split is at IP.

						Masataka Ohta