Re: Fwd: A comment about MAST

Eugene;

> Granted, we need some architecturally solid and sound solution, i.e. the
> ultimate, long-term goal, to the ID/LOC problem.  However, that will
> probably mean introducing a new namespace for either identifier or
> locator (depending on which purpose we decide to use the current IP
> address space for), and applications must adapt itself to the new world
> order.

Granted, we need some architecturally solid and sound solution, i.e. the
ultimate, long-term goal, to the address exhaustion problem.  However,
that will probably mean changing the IP protocol and applications must
adapt itself to the new world order.

And, NAT was introduced.

> I do hate NAT,

You don't, really.

						Masataka Ohta

PS

With proper API, most applications works as is even with ID/LOC
separation.