Re: Routing table size?

Iljitsch;

When?

For the lifetime of IPv6 or, at least, multi6.

So how long is that going to be?

It will be long before, if ever, there are 2^128 hosts or 2^64 subnets.

assuming we'll see significant v6 deployment, my guess is 15k - 60k by 2010 (depending on the success of our efforts here), at which point the v4 table will be around 200k.

Such an unfounded statements is not an input for constructive discussion.

We're all familiar with the underlying data, so why repeat it here?

The only meaningful underlying data is that the global routing table size of IPv6 is *SMALL*.

Masataka Ohta