Is UML an option for the IETF?

Hi,

In regard to Tom's suggestion that UML be used to  describe the
model:

Is it possible to use UML  without graphics support?  And if not,
can we justifiably use it as the IETF method of description.
Personally, I am getting comfortable  with UML when using UML drawing
packages (e.g. Rose).  But I find it  very uncomfortable to use with
ascii characters.  As far as I can tell UML is totally implementation
dependent; i.e. if you can't draw it, you  can't express it.

Is there a way around this problem?  Other by writing a graphic UML
to ascii character drawing converter for each UML graphics program?

a.
--

Avri Doria
+1 401 663 5024