RE: I-D ACTION:draft-farrel-rtg-manageability-requirements-00.txt

At 08:17 AM 11/7/2004, Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:
>[not sure if authors/and alex are on ops-area list, so I cc: them]
>
>It is an interesting read.

This is more than interesting -- it is fundamental to the
success of network management standardization in the IETF.

All documents should have a Management Considerations section.
IMO, it does not have to be as complete as this document
suggests.  Specifically, this section (or another) should
document which parameters MUST/SHOULD/MAY be configurable,
but a complete MIB (or other interface) definition should
not be required.  This can be developed in a separate document
and a separate work effort.

Andy