RE: comments

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Budd, Fred wrote:

> Where I was really heading was expanding the proposed requirement to
> include the explicit definition of local (e.g. directly attached
> subnet) and remote, and corresponding functional behavior for inline
> and remote access.

Good thinking.  That is a useful.

Looks like the breakdown:

  Local/Remote
  Inband/OoB

> This could be done either in the requirement, the
> examples, or by adding a new informational section. There have been
> quite a few explanations of the assumed or implicit operational
> context surrounding the initial requirement.  That context really
> provides the logical framework that a consumer (and vendor) needs to
> evaluate the importance of the requirement.

We're rethinking the management requirements.  What's probably going
to happen is a reorganization/simplification of the individual
requirements relating to management.  The appropriate requirements
will be collected under each profile (e.g. edge might include OoB
reqs, SOHO/wireless might not).  Also, current thinking is
each profile will list its operating/managment environment
assumptions.

Thanks,
---George