Re: Citing ANSI docs

At 10:46 AM 8/22/2003 -0400, George Jones wrote:
...snip...
>So, what is the correct data for a citation ?
...snip...

I would use the following, but I'm not authoritative on this:

[T1.276] American National Standard (ANS) T1.276-2003,
         "Operations, Administration, Maintenance, and
         Provisioning Security Requirements for the Public
         Telecommunications Network: A Baseline of Security
         Requirements for the Management Plane", July 2003

>And do you know what the IETF stance is on citing non-freely-available
>standards work?

I don't know what the "official" IETF stance is.  I know there are a number of references to non-freely-available standards in other RFCs.  Personally, I prefer minimizing the number of references to costly documents.

>Thanks,
>--George

Chip Sharp                       Consulting Engineering
Cisco Systems