RE: Authorization for AAA and RADIUS work items

Hi all,

> I agree that AAA/RADIUS/DIAMETER server MUST not signal QoS.
>
> It is also clear that authentication is also NOT directly related to
> QoS.
>
> However, you have agreed that "accounting" has implications on QoS.
>
> I also believe that "authorization" may/will also have
> implications QoS as John also mentioned.

I think that QoS can be thought of as a service, which a user may
need to be authorized for. This can be related to accounting, in a
way, for example, if a person's service subscription supports the
service or not.

> So, we have bounded the problems how far we should go for
> standardization of QoS attributes for the AAA/RADIUS/DIAMETER server.
>
> So, is it possible to provide clear guidance what we should do in
> addressing the QoS attributes?

I think that is something that needs more discussion.  I would like to
see some sort of basic 'requirements' layed out for QoS.  Nothing
in great detail, but a good overview of what one expects from QoS/
AAA interaction.

br,
John