Re: subtypes (was: HTTP digest and RADIUS; new version of the Stermandraft)

Nelson, David wrote:
Victor Gamov writes...

Yes, but I don't say that we must increase attribute length.  We must
propose method to join attribute values placed in different attributes
with some "tag".  Like EAP for example.

Application layer fragmentation and reassembly of attributes already
exists in RADIUS.  It is used for string attributes, such as Filter-ID
or Framed-Route, in addition to EAP-Message.

Yes. But I still think that we must propose:
1) standard service-specific attributes for many services (SIP, WiFi etc)
2) standard way for fragmentation and assembly of this attributes (attribute assemble/disassemble, AAD)

If we do it we will have mechanism to carry (possibly) large attributes and all vendors will be use service-specific attributes and AAD.

Is it solve our "subtype" problem?