Re: RADEXT charter for comment...

Bernard wrote:

In the interest of focus, I think it would be ok to have a separate
Diameter document.  Is there a volunteer to write that document?

I don't think focus should override the technically right way to do things, particularly when...

Avi wrote:

And finally, wouldnt NASREQ automatically handle the WLAN RADIUS attributes?

Right. It does. At least for 99.9% of the cases. The remaining 0.1% is designing something in RADIUS which already exists in some other form in Diameter, and making the translation difficult.

So I think that one document leads to exactly one way to
do things, one set of information, and less industry
fragmentation.

I and others have previously agreed to review these documents
and provide Diameter guidance (if needed). So I don't think
lack of Diameter understanding should be a problem in developing
the WLAN documents. If there's any problem in developing these
documents, it may be agreement on exactly what information
needs to be carried, but that's another issue...

--Jari