Re: rfc2486bis

Bernard Aboba wrote:
I see that in the new draft the example "fred@foo" becomes now a
valid NAI because the definition of the realm changed compard to the
original RFC, but in naibis it is still in the invalid list - but
that has to be changed I guess?

I think this is a problem because "foo" is not a full qualified domain
name.  This creates the need to reopen the namespace allocation mechanism
in the IANA considerations section.  This is not something we want to
reopen.

I agree with Bernard that we don't want to change the namespace allocation.

But Stefaan, why do you think fred@foo should become
legal? I don't remember making any such change to the BNF
which would make it legal, unless "foo" is a TLD of course.
But I may have missed something. If so, tell me what...

--Jari