Re: Issue with SIP - Need for Message-Authenticator

RIPv2 seem to be interested in HMAC-SHA1 and is described in the draft below.
The introduction section mentions that some governments insist on the use of
HMAC-SHA1 cryptographic mechanism. May be it is worth getting the author
opinions/comments about it.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rja-ripv2-auth-00.txt

regards
Nagi.