Re: Issue: RFC 2486bis - obsoletes or updates?

john.loughney@nokia.com wrote:

Abstract says: This document is a revised version
of RFC 2486 which originally defined NAIs.

Don't know if 2486 is still valid after this document is published

Requested change:

Somewhere it should say if this draft updates or obsoletes RFC2486.

I think it obsoletes RFC 2486. But its unclear to me whether this needs to be put into a text within the document itself, or whether its something that the RFC editor adds. I haven't personally edited a bis draft before, so I have no experience.

Hmm... RFC 2284bis at least had a line in the header that said
something about obsoleting 2284. Checking for the XML command
to do this... found from Henrik's 2284 draft... Ok, I'll add it.

Here's the current revised version:

  http://www.arkko.com/publications/nai/naibis.txt
  http://www.arkko.com/publications/nai/naibisdiff.html

Thanks for reporting this John.