RE: Proxies and retransmissions?

  I think it's best to say intermediate nodes SHOULD NOT retransmit of
their own accord.  They should do so only when they receive a retransmit
from the NAS.

  Is this an issue we need to address?  How do current implementations
deal with retransmits?

Proxy retransmission is definitely a bad idea, since it violates the principle of "Conservation of Packts", and thus could lead to congestion problems. I don't have personal knowledge of proxy implementations that retransmit, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if such implementations existed.