RE: Crypto-agility requirement and draft-zorn-radius-encattr/draft-zorn-radius-keywrap

David B. Nelson <> allegedly scribbled on Wednesday, August 01, 2007
1:09 PM:

> Glen Zorn writes...
>
>> There are multiple interoperable implementations which have been NIST
>> (& at in least one case) Common Criteria certified, however, so we'll
>> just be leaving it as is for now.
>
> I has previously asked if information on the implementations and the
> certifications you mention could (and would) be made available to the
> WG.  I didn't get a response, so I'll ask again.

Since I don't deal with government affairs or crypto validation & the
person @ Cisco who does is OOF, I am unable to provide detailed
information on the certifications at this time.  The independent
implementations are by 3eTI & Cisco & I believe that the certifications
include FIPS 140-2.

> Since the "certifyability" seems to be a selling point for this
> approach, it seems relevant for the WG to evaluate that information,
> in deciding on a solution.

If the WG can actually evaluate that information they are better humans
than I ;-).  However, I would think that anybody qualified to evaluate
it (that's not me) would be able to find it (also not me, but I do know
it's somewhere on the NIST Web site).