Re: Revisions to RFC 4005 (was RE: Consideration of draft-lior-radius-attribute-type-extension-02.txt)

Glen Zorn wrote:
> It seems as if all we'd really have to do in the extended attributes draft
> is to specify that the'M' bit has to be set in the Diameter AVP.

  Also:

 - map extended attributes somewhere into the Diameter space
 - i.e. allocate 256 Diameter attributes for RADIUS translation
 - note that Diameter attributes of LONGER than 253 characters are
allowed for those attributes
 - D<->R gateways MUST use a new method to map both attributes and
lengths for extended attributes.

  All of that means updating the suggested mapping in RFC 4005, for both
normal (now extended) RADIUS attributes, and for normal (now extended)
VSA's.