Re: [RRG] December meeting: call for contributions

Tony,

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 01:24:03AM -0700, Tony Li wrote:

> The goal is to make a recommendation as to how we should proceed.
>
> Frankly, that recommendation isn't possible until there is at least one
> proposal that has stabilized and we're not in a rush to make a
> recommendation
> on something that is still being thought through.
>
> I would hope that design teams, collaborations, mergers, etc. will
> continue
> to happen until we reach the point where we do have a recommendation.

I understand this and I have no problem with that. What I was looking
for is a bit more of a timeline until which time we keep looking at
different proposals. Basically, deadlines work real well to get people
motivated to send in their proposals and to get them more refined to
the point where they are stable enough for a serious analysis.

To say it in a different way: what is the plan to get from here to the
recommendation ?

David Kessens
---