Re: [RRG] End user network size [ [Q] draft-farinacci-lisp: IPv4 address depletion]

Hello,
I can't speak for anyone else but I find it
difficult to credit the notion that my requirements are unusual.

I think we need to tease out the SO from the HO. I suspect that behaviors will differ at least in terms of technology adoption lag. A pizza parlor that takes its voice over IP is going to need reliability because if it loses connectivity orders don't roll in. Whether that is done by redundancy or by a single highly reliable service will depend on the available services and their reputations. And I think the vote is still out on that.

A person sitting at home can get annoyed but is likely to make a convenience decision rather than maximizing profit. Some will, some won't.

Eliot