RE: [RRG] loc/id split and LISP

    > From: Sheng Jiang <shengjiang@huawei.com>

    >>> Of course, LISP could introduce another namespace in order to be a
    >>> real identifier/locator split solution ... but that would be too
    >>> expensive to be deployed.

    > A new architecture with a new namespace could mean that we have to
    > change most of components of current Internet.

If we had to deploy it in the hosts, I agree.

However, I think it is probably possible to deploy a new namespace in
connection with LISP, if we only have to deploy it in the ITR's, ETR's, and
the routers in between them (initially, at least).

    > It is a revolution rather than a smooth transition.

I agree, a smooth, gradual transition is necessary. So I think the initial
deployment needs to be as small as possible.

For example, it might start as just a single ISP: new code gets deployed into
all their routers, but no packets are sent in that format until all their
routers are ready to handle them. Once it is verified as working and stable,
other ISP's could deploy it. Eventually some hosts might see a benefit to
implementing it. Etc, etc....

	Noel