Re: [RRG] Convergence

On Dec 3, 2007, at 4:11 PM, Russ White wrote:

Are we going to have a technical problem statement between now and then?
My recollection of the last one was that it was focused on a business
model, rather than being more technical in nature? I don't think we need
one for RRG, I think, but it might be useful (?).

I take it that you're referring to the RADIR problem statement. No, we are currently not planning any additional enhancements to that. The design goals document captures some technical issues that we deem worthy of discussion. If that seems insufficient, we're certainly open to proposals. Let's discuss before you start writing, however.

I should remind folks that our 'problem' is a matter of research, not engineering. Drawing a hard line about the problem (which I would deem absolutely necessary for an engineering effort) is not necessarily the best approach for research. Or, as my advisor used to put it: the goal of a master's student is to solve hard problems. The goal of a researcher is to ask the right questions.

Tony