Re: [RRG] LISP-NERD reachability and MTU detection

How does it remain a corner case if we make a map-and-encap solution the cornerstone of all future Internet routing and we want to continue to support bulk transfers? It would

When the end-to-end path is 4470 bytes, than fairly large transfer can be done.

seem that our advice to hosts to use 1500 byte MTUs would drive any connection of significant bandwidth into being the most common case.a

And when it's not 4470 bytes, 1500 bytes would have to be used.

I wasn't able to send quality video about 12 years ago and I can now. Technology upgrades allow this to happen. Same for MTU issues.

If this problem really has to be solved, we use translation. So choose your poison if you think the alternative is bad.

Dino