Re: [RRG] LISP-NERD reachability and MTU detection

How does it remain a corner case if we make a map-and-encap solution the cornerstone of all future Internet routing and we want to continue to support bulk transfers? It would

When the end-to-end path is 4470 bytes, than fairly large transfer can be done.

You can do fairly large transfers one bit at a time... That's not the issue.

That is not at all what Tony and I meant.

If your ITR has a 4470 byte uplink and your ETR has a 4470 byte downlink and there's nothing smaller in the path between them, there aren't going to be any problems. In an ISP

Right.

network it should be possible to meet these three conditions if we can get the slower brethren and internet exchanges to upgrade. But if we want to deploy xTRs in end-user controlled networks, the 1500+ byte MTU requirement won't be easy to meet.a

There is more and more Ethernet being deployed.

Dino