Re: [RRG] Tunnel fragmentation/reassembly for RRG map-and-encaps architectures

Hi Dino,

> I like APT proposal much more robust in that respect enforcing that > all ISPs have a default mapper and locally packets undergo just two > stage tunneling process if topologically required.

That means that every ISP from source-site to destination-site needs to run APT. We have decided for LISP for the best place to put xTRs are at the site, BECAUSE LESS INFRASTRUCTURE NEEDS TO CHANGE.

Well the way I see APT model it does not require to change any infrastructure nor build any new virtual one.

It just offers the way to reduce the control plane load on all routers in a given ISP to one (or two for redundancy) to def mappers. Rest remains the same as is today.

I also do not see a must requirement that all ISPs in the chain need to run APT. If some ISP in the middle wants to continue with today's hop by hop switching there should be nothing to prohibit one from doing so. With any flavor of LISP I don't see this as even an option.

Cheers,
R.