Re: [RRG] Tunnel fragmentation/reassembly for RRG map-and-encaps architectures

Hi Robert,

It was good seeing you last month.

The big problem with APT as I understood it from the RRG meeting was that it was an SP-provided solution, when the SPs are not motivated to actually fix the problem. As I mentioned at the RRG, I believe that we have different understandings of what provider independence is. To me, provider independence means that it should be possible to change providers without permission or even coordination of either the old or the new. If someone can explain to me how that is possible with APT, it wasn't clear at the RRG meeting in December. As a bonus, it should be possible to do all of this without adverse impact on the routing system.

Eliot