Re: [RRG] Mobility considerations in proposal evaluation

On Feb 21, 2008, at 7:04 AM, Randall Atkinson wrote:

However, this RG is actually considering recommending none, one,
or more protocol proposals to the IETF.  As the RG is already well
below architecture and well into protocol-specific issues (I think Dino's
quote a while back was "We skipped research and are in engineering"),
it seems entirely reasonable to evaluate the sundry proposals based
on the actual mobility capabilities that the proposal provides, enables,
and/or disallows.

Note that this was not our intent and I, for one, continue to try to drag us back to research, albeit kicking and screaming...

Tony