[RRG] Loc/id split using the data link layer

I think I found a way to perform loc/id split using 2 layer
(ethernet), albeit I am not sure how practical it is. Namely, by
redefining MAC address to be a MAN-wide topology-dependent locator and
using a prefix-bunch addressing scheme (yes, it is possible).
What surprised me most is the possibility of dumb-dumb-dumb Ethernet
switching logic employing no routing/MAC tables, associative memory or
longest prefix matches.
This is not a proposal for RRG as (1) it does not need to be (2) it
can't solve the 3rd layer scalability problems, just ease them a bit.
It might be interesting from the standpoint of Metro Ethernet
technologies or general curiousness.
The paper is very compressed (2 pages), so don't hesitate to ask.
http://oc-co.org/articles/MAC-loc.pdf

--
Victor