[RRG] yetAnotherProposal: AS-number forwarding

Title: yetAnotherProposal: AS-number forwarding

Hi,
I haven't had time to make a draft but I think it make sense for the discussion. However, I don't know if it already have been discussed so....

The proposal are simple: re-use AS-numbers into the forwarding of packets such that prefixes could be aggregated per AS. One simple implemetation is that the packets are tunneled and that the tunnel-address is associated to a AS-number. The AS-numbers can be assigned to the IP-addresses by DNS or by define a small address-prefix to AS-numbers.

Comments?

regards Lars Westberg, Ericsson Research